For Short Stays - Lodge
• Distance: 314 km from Nairobi, Kenya.
• By air: 45 minutes from Nairobi to Samburu or Shaba airstrip
• By road :5 hours from Nairobi
• Recommended 4 wheel drive or tour van.
• Shaba National Reserve
• Eastern Kenya off the banks of Ewaso Nyiro river
• The lodge is set on a green oasis within Shaba National Reserve
• Perimeter double electrical fence surrounds the lodge.
• Hot and dry with temperatures averaging 34 degrees during the day
• Warm nights.
• Guest relation centre
• Check in time 1200 hrs
• Check out time is 1000 hrs
• Bureau de exchange
• Safe deposit boxes in all rooms
• Laundry and valet services
• Baby-sitting services (Upon request)
• Hair dryers available at the reception upon request.
• 85 bedrooms in 2 storeys, 4 rooms to a block
• 1 born free suite with lounge and private Jacuzzi
• 4 executive suites with lounge
• 80 standard rooms
• Interconnecting rooms available
• Ground floor rooms friendly with persons with limited mobility.
• All grass thatched chalets enjoy a river frontage
• Luxury en suite with bath, shower and WC.
• Ceiling hang mosquito net and overhead fan
• Voltage 240 volts with adaptors available at the reception desk.
• Mini bars in suites upon request.
• Raised level and overlooking the swimming pool and Uaso Nyiro river
• Serves buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Carraluma Pool bar: Open 1100 – 1830hrs
Chemi Chemi Bar: Open 0700 – 2300 hrs
• Cocktails served before dinner and boozy
coffee after dinner at a relaxing cool
atmosphere near the river.
• Boma Dining
• The exotic setting within the make shift Samburu boma complete with cultural
entertainment by a bonfire under the African sky.
• Pre-dinner bitings and drinks by the Uaso Nyiro river right next to the crocodiles as you watch the majestic Samburu sunset.
• Breakfast/dinner set on an island on the beautiful Shaba pond
• Riverside breakfast
• Bush dinner
• The Doum conference room facility overlooking the Joy Adamson plunge pool.
• LCD, audio visual equipment, internet services and full secretarial assistance
• Capacity: 120 theaters, 150 cocktail, 80 seminar style.
• Massage & beauty therapy at Tulia Wellness
• Team building activities and Survivor challenge
• Outdoor free form swimming pool
• Viewing deck along the river to view crocodiles
• Samburu traditional dances
• Occasional slide shows
• Nature walks, bird walks, cultural and history talks.
ADIA GIFT SHOP
• The gift shop offers essential toiletries, books, safari wears and souvenirs.
• Game drives: the Shaba National reserve has endemic species of gravy zebras, reticulated giraffe and Beisa Oryx. There are also heard of elephants, plenty of lions, cheetahs, crocodiles and a remarkable 350 different species of birds including 5 endemic species.
PERSONNEL ON CALL
• Duty manager
• Clinical Officer
• Security personnel