For Short Stays - Lodge
• 400KMS from Nairobi / 200KMS from Mombasa
• By air: 30 minutes from Mombasa
• By road: 3 hours from Mombasa
• Indicated times 0600hrs to 1830hrs
• 42 kms from Voi SGR terminals.
• Road is tarmacked even Salon cars are good.
• Within Taita Hills Wildlife sanctuary
• At the foot of Taita Hills adjacent to Tsavo West National Park 750 – 1200m (2,475 –
3,690 feet) above sea level.
• Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary covers a protected area of 28,000 acres on an altitude of 1,200m above sea level (3,600 feet).
The sanctuary boasts of its own airstrip with close proximity to the airstrip.
• The lodge structure design is themed as a German fortress in line with the surrounding areas World war 1 history.
• Temperatures 18 – 30 degrees celcius (67 –91 degrees Fahrenheit). Early morning and evenings are often much cooler.
• Rainy season: November – December and March – May.
• Guest relations
• Check in time is 1200hrs
• Check out time 1000hrs
• Daily laundry service
• Bureau de Change
• Wheel chair
• Fuel station
• Central activity room with Satellite TV
• Free Wifi
• Tulia Spa
• Babysitting Services on requests
• Free to use Indoor games(dats, table tennis) and board games(Selected)
• Ample parking
• Rangers available on request to escort self-drive guests.
The restaurant serves international and local cuisines and it is open from 0700 – 0900 hrs,
1230 – 1430hrs and 1930 – 2100 hrs.
Taita Bar & lounge:
Bush breakfast, barbecue lunch, “Out of Africa” dinners all set up in the wild, Sundowners cocktails at Kudu View Point.
• Two conference rooms with a combined capacity of up to 150 pax.
• LCD, audio visual equipment, internet services and full secretariat services.
• Support services – internet connectivity,printing and photocopying.
• The curio shop offers basic toiletries, books, safari wear and truly memorable souvenirs.
• 61 Rooms
• 2 Executive Suites
• 20 Twin rooms
• 30 Double rooms
• 9 Tripples
• Private bathroom with bath and shower
• Electric current: 220 volts and 50 cycles
• Tea / coffee making facilities
• Safety deposit boxes available in all rooms
• Shaver outlets 110 / 220 volts, 50 cycles AC
• Private balcony on every room overlooking extensive gardens and sanctuary.
• Outdoor free form swimming pool
• Day and night game drive
• Nature walks
• Wildlife talks on request
• Excursions on local villages, Mzima Springs, Ngulia Rhino sanctuary and lake Jipe.
• Interconnecting rooms available SAFARIS
• Game drives: the sanitary is home to more than 50 species of mammals and over 300 species of birds. These include: Elephants, Lions, Cheetahs, Leopards, Buffalos, Giraffes, Zebras, Ostriches, Eagles, Vultures and many
PERSONNEL ON CALL
• Duty manager
• Clinical Officer
• Security personnel